Updates & Changes
Release 1.12 30 May 2020
* Company of Five shack map added to Dagger Point (Dagger Point > Other). This shows the current map of the shack, the contents of the storage chest, and any decorations. Pine-Scented Candle and Painted Glass Figurine of a God of Plants and Plant Worship visuals added to the Company of Five shack map.
* Rock Candy shop now has stock.
* A Spellsinger (Talent Reset service) is now available! Visiting this service lets players reset their Talent selection or Primary Attribute distribution. Spellsingers will be available in most large towns and major cities (currently Wolfpine Canyon > Shops & Services only). The price will increase according to a hidden formula every time the Spellsinger is used (by anyone), and will decay over time if not used, according to a hidden formula.
* The Wolfpine Arena is now available! The crowd in Wolfpine offer different rewards and challenges every week. This is a 1v1 consensual player-vs-player (PvP) arena that operates under the same rules as other arenas. Two players can queue and fight to the death. When leaving the arena, cooldowns are reset, health and mana are restored, and any items consumed or destroyed are returned to the player’s inventory. Each week’s reward is on display (Wolfpine Canyon > Other).
CHARACTER SHEET IMPROVEMENTS
* Backpacks and currency completely redesigned for ease of use and greater readability.
* Player crafting is now available! Professions can be seen in the menu under Company of Five > Crafting. Current professions are:
Arcana (Arcanist) – a master of potions, oils, and strange, experimental gadgets.
Arms Lore (Vindicator) – a blacksmith who forges weapons and shields.
Imbuing (Wizard) – a creator of runes that improve other players’ crafting efforts.
Tailoring (Priest) – a designer of the finest woven armor and bags.
Tinkering (Treasure Hunter) – a craftsman who can find resources for other players.
* Crafting will eventually grant access to some of the most powerful items, subject to the next point about bad luck.
* There is no failure chance on crafting. However, item recipes have a range of attributes (for example, -10 to 10 HP). When a player crafts an item, a random roll is done to determine the quality – an item could end up as -10 HP, or +0 HP or +10 HP, or anything in between. Therefore, multiple crafts may be required if a player truly wishes to “max out” or “min-max” the stats and get lucky – if you can afford the ingredients.
* The Imbuing profession can improve these rolls.
* Each profession starts with a limited number of basic recipes, and more will unlock as the player levels up. Recipes can be bought or trained in the world.
* All NPC craft services in shops have been converted to purchasable recipes.
Release 1.11c 10 May 2020
* Improved cooldown display on spells. Spells that are off cooldown will show in green, spells on cooldown will show in red. This provides a quick overview of what you can cast at-a-glance. The first spell in each player’s spellbook has been put on cooldown in red to demonstrate the feature. This will be removed at the start of the next session.
* XP now has a small progress bar adjacent, showing a player’s progress to the next Level. The bar will fill automatically as your XP approaches the next Level and will empty to zero upon leveling up.
* Vindicator Weapons now split into a Weapon and Shield, rather than a single item, in line with Priests and Wizards. Vindicators are still required to use a Shield at all times, but Shields and one-handed Weapons can now be chosen seperately, rather than as a linked item. Shields (Vindicator), Sacred Bulwarks (Priest) or Spell Breakers (Wizard) will occupy the Accessory 1 slot.
* Burninator’s Mace and Shield split into Burninator’s Mace and Burninator’s Shield.
* Garrius: Burninator’s Shield equipped into Accessory 1 slot. Auran’s Vitality Ring unequipped and returned to Inventory. Maximum HP reduced by 18.
* New store: Rock Candy.
* Iron Alloy Shortsword & Shield (Common Vindicator Weapon) split into Iron Alloy Shortsword, and Iron Alloy Shield. Prices reduced correspondingly.
* New quests: Bash the Basher, Egg Hunt II, Catharsis.
* New other location: Temple of Krater.
Release 1.11b 19 April 2020
* Reputation page and Quest log available in new Company of Five menu option
* Calendar moved to Library
* Black Harry’s Tales: Chapter One added to Library
* Titles added: Apprentice Mage, Lorekeeper
* Level 3 Cantrip changed to Safety Rope
* Vindicator’s Aegis cooldown reduced from 24h to 8 Turns
* Level 3 Cantrip changed to Mage Hand
* New shops available: Inn of the Tireless Hunter, Iraud’s Sorcerous Oddities, Gailhan’s Armaments, The Meat Lodge
Release 1.11a 16 April 2020
* All talents 6-10 now available in Class Guides
* Lorekeeper’s Notebook now pinned to Discord channel and shared to all Office users
* Holy Curse damage increased from 2d12 to 3d12
* Grip now pulls a target to the Vindicator
* Pulsar Saving Throw DC increased from 6 to 8
* Arcane Impetus cooldown reduced from 24 hours to 8 Turns
Release 1.11 10 April 2019
* CR, XP & DC information page added to Play Guide
* New quest hub: Dagger Point
* New shop: Dagger Point, Lumoth Stronglance, Blacksmith
* New faction page: Rampant Lions guild
Release 1.10 05 April 2020
* Sidebar removed, page expanded to full width for readability
* Play Guide now available featuring information on Stats and Skills
* Class Guides now display recommendations for Stats and Items as well as Talents
* Each level now grants 10 Stat Points
* Gold gain removed
* Constitution no longer boosts death saving throws
* Wis no longer boosts AP
* Dex no longer boosts AC
* Dex no longer increases MP
* Str no longer increases bag slots
* Friendly spells no longer require Hit rolls
* Primary Stats reworked and rebalanced – see Play Guide
* Added a large number of Secondary Stats and Passive Benefits – see Play Guide
* REDESIGNED STAT SHEETS NOW LIVE! Artwork provided by the one and only, Sam
* Character sheet UI is now color coded to match the character class
* Titles now available to select under character name
* Most areas of sheets are now locked against accidental deletion/editing
* Areas editable by players: HP, Mana, BP, Title, Death Saves, Currency, Backpack
* Areas editable by DM: Equipped items, Stat distribution, Talent selection
* Vindicators may now use one-handed swords or axes in addition to maces. A Shield must be equipped. All effects that refer to maces also include one-handed axes or swords.
* Wizards and Priests may now use one-handed Wands or Holy Relics in addition to a Spell Breaker or Sacred Bulwark, respectively. These are types of Shields that benefit from the new stat Block as well as offering additional stats.
* All non-combat talents have been removed from all classes and replaced with Cantrips. Cantrips cost no Mana and may be used at any time. Cantrips unlock progressively with character Level.
* ALL TALENTS AND SPELLS HAVE BEEN RESET TO ZERO.
* Level 2: Craft Elixir replaced with Time Bomb
* Level 3: Amplify Potion replaced with Flask Wall
* Level 4: Alchemical Allocation replaced with Serve Rum
* Favor may now only be cast while in Combat
* Level 1: Blade Ward reduced from 25% to 10%
* Level 2: Shield increased from 1d6 to 1d8
* Level 3: Serenity reduced from 25% to 10%
* Level 1: Identify Liquid replaced with Great Fortune
* Coin Toss: mana cost reduced from 8 to 4
* Level 2: Breach Armor no longer benefits from Tactical Insight
* Level 2: Identify Device replaced with Paralyzing Shovel
* Distant Shooting reduced from double range to +2 Range
* Level 4: Shrewd Commerce replaced with Shovel Splitting
* Level 5: Time Bomb replaced with Coin Spray
* Level 5: Skeleton Key replaced with Strike First
* Lesser Restoration cooldown increased from 2 to 3
* Spiritual Weapon now has a self-healing component
* Rampart is now Passive
* Level 2: Spiked Armor moved to level 5 and reworked
* Level 2: Spiked Armor replaced with Shieldwall
* Pavise is now Passive
* Thunderous Smite no longer works against Huge, Gargantuan or Colossal creatures
* Level 3: Grip moved to level 5 and reworked
* Level 3: Grip replaced with Drag
* Vital Strike health sacrifice increased from 8 to 18
* Level 5: Parry and Riposte replaced with Spiked Armor
* Level 5: Righteous Fury replaced with Grip
* Level 1: Tenser’s Floating Disc replaced with Spell Turning
* Level 2: Arcane Lore replaced with Silence
* Siphon Life no longer benefits from Tactical Insight
* Elemental Overload Mana cost increased from 2x to 3x
* Elemental Overload no longer benefits from Tactical Insight
* Chain Lightning jumps now remove one damage die
* Level 5: Cloaked Ally replaced with Arcane Impetus
Release 1.03 09 February 2020
* Questlog/Guilds Excel spreadsheet removed, to be replaced by…
* BERTRAM! Everyone’s favourite creepy old wizard is back in bot format. Get started with “bertram help”.
* All commands added to Bot Commands under Useful Info. More to come!
* Added a Loot Explorer. See Items in the Main Menu – you’ll eventually be able to explore all droppable loot, guild quartermaster vendors and other items here. Does not currently include town shops, still working that out.
* Next session schedule, in-game location and date updated.
Release 1.02 29 December 2019
* Level 4 talents released.
* Cooldown description of spells that have no cooldown changed from N/A to 0 on Class pages and Talent pages.
* Talent pages now have an additional column Roll to Hit, for greater consistency as to whether a spell requires a Hit roll or takes effect immediately.
Release 1.01b 01 December 2019
* Equippable items are now color-coded for quality: Grey (Trash), Black (Common), Green (Uncommon), Blue (Rare), Purple (Epic), Orange (Legendary), Red (Mythic).
*In-game location updated.
* “Wayfalls General Goods” shop added to Wayfalls with a large selection of general items.
* Trialling new combat party interface for feedback.
Release 1.01 24 November 2019
* Archived a massive amount of information from the last campaign: City Status/Fortsworn, outdated rules pages, old quests, artifact information.
* Calendar updated to current date and year, added to main menu.
* Sidebar now shows a summary of our upcoming games and any amendments. Also shows the current location of your party and the in-game date and time.
* All city maps besides Wayfalls temporarily archived while I update their shops to match the new stats and battle system.
* Wayfalls and World Map added to places. Shops and locations now available for Wayfalls.
* Many people added to the A-Z of NPCs but mostly from the last campaign. Still a work in progress and hundreds more to go, but will eventually be a full reference!
* Website’s main menu is now more useful – quick links added to Classes/Talents, and Social/Guild spreadsheet.
* Things I’m working on for the near future: a page storing brief session summaries of every game, and reputation “progress” bars for the Guilds and major Factions so you can see what you need to do to rank up.